10.07.2008

There's only 1 October

Today is a day that I will break boundaries. I, Asher Novek, am blogging from a bus. That's right, I'm on a bus, online, also playing online poker, and posting on my blog. Technology is such that busses now come fully equipped with Wifi. And very comfortable leather seats.

But I'm not here to promote the Bolt Bus (service to DC for under 20 dollars!). I'm not really sure why I'm here, but in the mean time, I'll just update a bit on what's going on.

Most important, I have moved back up to New York. I moved up because I had a really cheap apartment opportunity and a couple of job offer. Within 3 days of moving up to NY, I lost all of them.

There was some miscommunication between the landlord and the other room mates. Here's how the conversation went down

Me: Hi, I'm Asher, I'm going to be living here now.
Tony (old and Italian): You can't live here.
Me: What? Rachel's been talking to you for weeks about me coming here...
Tony: No.
Me: Um, her dad talked to you last week about this...
Tony: No.
Me: I'm sorry, is there something you want me to do?
Tony: No.
Me: Do you want me to run a credit check?
Tony: No.
Me: Raise the rent?
Tony: No.
Me: Any reason at all why you're saying no?
Tony: No.

So I spent the next few days scrambling for a place and luck would have it that Brandon has an extra room, sort of. So I've moved in to his dining room, which ironically has more space than the other room I would be living in, and will be paying the same for rent. Plus, he brought up his old Super Nintendo, and we're going through all the classics. Donkey Kong Country is up now, Mario next.

Job wise, I was going to go back and work with Ed over at Technicolor, but because of a looming actor's strike they've had to cut back on personelle because no one's shooting features right now. So I'm sort of hanging out, waiting for them to get work in for me to help them out on.

Basically, I'm just living in NY, earning my keep playing poker online and as Dustin always tells me, just living the American dream.

I have October fully paid for and I still have money left for food, so I'll explore some more employment opportunities and enjoy NY. The way I see if, I worked for 16 years of my life, and really worked my ass off the final 2 years of college, so a few months of lounging is ok. Plus, Brandon and I are making each other write, so I'm not being completely useless.

So for now, I'm grinding the 6.50 Turbos on Full Tilt, writing my screenplay and waiting to hear about my grants.

Ta for now, and have an easy Yom Kippur

No comments: