6.16.2008

"Submit" became clickable

A couple things.

First, my facebook account has been locked or suspended, or whatever they do to facebook accounts. I'm not really sure why. I sent them a complaint a few days ago asking why my profile picture keeps getting smaller and smaller (anyone else notice this?) and I received this e-mail today:

Hi,

I would be happy to look into this matter further, however, Your account has been suspended because the information you provided indicated that you may be ineligible to use the site. Please reply to this email with the following information, and we will reevaluate your status:

-First Name
-Last Name
-Your Correct Birth date (month/day/year)

Once I have received this information, I will gladly reactivate your account for you and assist you with your original inquiry. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your understanding,

Zoe
User Operations Analyst
Facebook


I'm not really sure what this is about. Maybe someone found my Conan pictures offensive? Maybe I've lost at Scrabble so many times I'm suspended? Who knows. Either way, all is not lost. I have a friend on the inside who will look into this for me. It pays to have friends in high places. Thanks Skip.

In real news, I submitted my proposal for a government grant tonight. I won't get in to many of the details, but suffice to say I've been spending the past few weeks working on it. Tonight the word "submit", which has been greyed out on the very old PC grant input system, finally became bold. It took me a few minutes to actually click on it. I hadn't realized it, but this has been why I haven't been able to sleep recently. At least, I hope it is so I can finally sleep again before my vacation. This is just one of those things that, if it happens, my life will be so completely different. And if it doesn't, well, then you move on to the next hand.

Because in the end, it's like the old sports adage, "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it matters how you play the game."

I'll leave you with this:

1 comment:

Danny Feuer said...

Ballllerrr...I like your attitude