12.05.2008

Now Follow me on This one...

First, take this quiz --

Complete this headline from the BBC News website:"Pole dancing [...] at gallery"

A: Curators

B: Robots

C: Art students




Those of you who went out on a limb and said B, you would be oddly correct.

Now, take a moment to say those words in your head. "Robot pole dancing". Ok. Now say it out loud. It should be funny. You should be smiling. If you're at work and someone passed you by, they should be laughing. Robot Pole Dancing. The concept, idea, notion, mention and just sheer combination of those 3 words is comical.

Now, if you'll follow me on this international journey, read this article --

O, The British Are Coming

I would like someone to explain to me, in conversation or argument or a poem or an example from a movie or book or history lesson or something, but something to explain to me how the British can take the fun out of everything.

I don't know if it's more absurd that I think this is too absurd, or if it's too absurd that the Brits are making robot pole dancing serious contemporary art or that I can even have this discussion in my head and not explode.

Good night.

No comments: