11.20.2008

The Emotion I Bring out in Women

This scene takes place earlier this evening. I was at a show for singer/songwriters that my friend Tom was in. The crowd was very hipster and "cool" I guess. I also recently purchased a new coat, which I am quite fond of. The coat will keep anything warm in any climate, and has a really wooly hood for good measure.

So this is during a break between acts, I went outside with Larke to get some air, and while she was on the phone, a girl comes out and lights up a cigarette. She's obviously cold and shivering.

Shivering Girl: Nice coat.
Me: Thank you.
Shivering Girl: Bet you're toasty.
Me: I am, it's a really thick coat.
Shivering Girl: I dressed for fashion.
Me: I see.
(few seconds of shivering)
Shivering Girl: Fuck this shit.
(flicks her cigarette to the ground, storms inside)
Me: Ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup. sounds about right. some chick trying to make a gentleman out of you, and you completely oblivious, haha.

Lark(e) said...

are you saying he should have given up his coat? Because I say she deserves what she gets wearing a light fall coat on a sub freezing Brooklyn night.